225 fitch 2002 Hot light

Hi ALL

New to this forum have been pointed in your direction from my normal haunt in the look for some vaulable help. My engin has only done 148 hours but seems ready to give me lots of grief. First of all a bit of history i had a water in fuel problem traced back to a split fuel tank letting in water not good to start with! have moved to two 120 liter plastic tanks for a while until i can afford to rip up the deck. This caused me to lose the fuel pump which was not such a problem as i have a broken 200 fitch in my garage in bits which shares lots of the same parts. further on i was getting the check engin light which i traced to a blocked fuel vaparizer or cooler or what ever you call it cleared that through and no more emm over temp alarm but now HOT LIGHT fault 22 tempriture switch shut or something like that. Engine does not seem hot! disconnected the switch and boat runs fine does not feel hot or smoke at all snail trail is good and strong.

I have ordered two new temp switches to see if this sorts it out but do you guys have any ideas or exsperiance of a similar problem. I should say new stats fitted new water pump fitted system washed through with inhibitor. I loved this engine when i bought the boat runs fat and clean and not terrible on fuel or oil. Just want it to run right.

Cheers

Paul