Sacramento River salmon in the Sacramento and American rivers

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer
Does anybody know if the salmon are in heavy in the Sac in Sacrament? What do you use to catch the hogs and where do you fish? I want to put out in downtown Sac, maybe Discovery Park or down on Broadway.

Haven?t caught a salmon in 5 years since I left Oregon, I really want to get one this year.

brenty99

Cadet
Re: Sacramento River salmon in the Sacramento and American rivers

I dont fish the sac much. But if you come up and fish the feather river its been excellent. Get my limit everyday. I use a gibbs minnow. 1 ounce so u can use a trebble hook. Lose to many with the single hook.

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks.

I got a buddy that lives in Yuba and he fishes that river. Don't know why, but he is not a salmon fisherman. He has never caught one. Going hunting this weekend but may try to stay the night in that area next weekend and try it.

brenty99

Cadet

yeah definitly.Put in at marysville river front park go down stream. Go down river to a spot called the jesus hole. Ask around people will show u where. Jig through there and u will catch fish for sure. might see u down there

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

OK, I got a few, one each trip, 12 a 13 and a 16. In Walnut Grove fresh out of the Ocean.