Prop Repair

MarkySparky

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all, How bad can a prop be damaged and still be feasibly or economically be repaired? I have a spare 3 blade 21 pitch aluminum prop that looks pretty bent up which came with the 21' Chris Craft 205 Limited bowrider with 4.3L and Alpha1 outdrive I recently purchased. I don't know how it got damaged. I'm guessing it would be cheaper to buy another off Craigslist or Ebay, but I'm still curious how much it would cost for repair.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Prop Repair

I am am aluminum tig welder so I fix my own but I was getting bait the other weekd and the guy in front of me was picking up his freshly repaired prop and it was $65, don't know how bad he jacked it up but that is what it cost to fix so ya, it woudl probably be a wash wiht what you can find on Ebay or CL.

Camel413

Cadet
Re: Prop Repair

I have a Volvo Penta duo outdrive. Price for a new set (2 props) for my outdrive is around $700 for aluminum. I had both of my aluminum props rebuilt and repitched locally for $170. They was in horrible shape, chipped and bent bad. I thought it was an excellent price and they look great.