How much can i sell my sea ray for?

jones56

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HOW MUCH CAN I RELISTICALLY EXPECT TO GET FROM MY 89 SEA RAY SEVILLE. IT HAS A NEW ENGINE OUTDRIVE WORKS PERFECT, EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT TRIM GAUGE IN DASH. INTERIOR IS ORGINAL AND NEEDS SEAT CUSHIONS RECOVERING ETC. BOAT RUNS AND DRIVEs GREAT. 2681.jpg IMAG0131.jpg1113.jpg

The Famous Grouse

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How much can i sell my sea ray for?

The "except trim" part means that everything works except for one of the really important functions that's potentially really expensive to fix.

You don't say the year. I'm guessing a mid-late 80s.

$2,000 around here if you're lucky. This time of year, if you really want to sell it, you better be ready to accept the first offer that's more than $1500.

Grouse

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What size motor? Look on craigslist and see something comparable and see what they are going for. This is the worst time to sell. You will take a hit on a end of year sale. Also, roller trailer does not appeal to a lot of people. Good luck!

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

IDK but a little more info... What type outdrive?, what size engine? What size boat? Describe seats needing recovering (ripped or just old and faded).

109jb

Lieutenant Commander
he didn't say "except trim", he said "except trim gauge in dash." That's a big difference.

Looking at the pictures it diesn't look bad. Near me, you could probably get around $3k for it (Illinois).

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yep, heading into the buyers season now. People are thinking football games and hunting trips instead of boating now. If you do sell it, it'll probably be to someone that'll be willing to hold it over the winter and fix it up to sell in the spring sellers market for a decent mark-up.

The Famous Grouse

Petty Officer 1st Class

he didn't say "except trim", he said "except trim gauge in dash." That's a big difference.

Looking at the pictures it diesn't look bad. Near me, you could probably get around $3k for it (Illinois).

I see that now. There was a funny line break and it thougth that was trim and some gauge in the dash that didn't work.

Motor size according to his signature line is a 4.3.

I ammend my estimate: $2000-$2500.

Grouse

jones56

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes its a 89 4.3 with merc outdrive..