Going to Look at 242CR

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
In a few days, I'm going to look at a 2001 Crownline 242CR. It has a 5.7L Merc and Bravo III with 225 hours. It has been kept on a lift in a covered slip. From the pictures and from talking with the owners, it appears to be a well-kept boat. I've owned a V-P powered Four Winns 214 since 2007, but have no experience with Crownline boats or late-model Mercs and the Bravo III.

Anybody out there have experience with this boat? Creature comforts, handling, servicing? I will use this boat for day cruising, some watersports, and some multi-night cruises (I've almost all of the Ohio River in a 1984 Sea Ray cuddy). If I seriously pursue the boat, I will have it surveyed.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Going to Look at 242CR

I have a 2000 248 BR Can't help you on the creature comforts of a cuddy but as far as handling and service they are pretty bullet proof, Love it and the Make, my only concern is the motor, of course if your not into going fast that may not be a concern for you anyway, the Bravo III should help get her out of the hole though, I know I am very happy with my setup only difference is I got a hundred more cubic inches...