Changing wheels to match my truck. Although it's 6 lug.

cobbcfi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I want to change the basic trailer wheels on my tandom axle to the same rims (stock) on my GMC Yukon. Although the trailer is a 5 lug and the rims are 6 lugs.

1. Anyone know where I can find replacement axle shafts to get a 6 lug pattern or should I just use and adapter?
2. What kind of issues would I have with and 5 to 6 lug adapter?
3. Is there anything wrong with using truck rims and tires?

I think it's going to look good as the boat is painted blue to match the truck and the trailer will be painted silver to match my 2-tone on the truck. I would think matching rims would be the icing on the cake!

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Changing wheels to match my truck. Although it's 6 lug.

Is there anyway you can get similiar rims in the standard trailer tire size? Your trailer rims bolt pattern is typically a 5 lug x 4 1/2 spacing...... and that's what I'd personally go back to using as I don't trust those adapters one bit.

cobbcfi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

These are the rims that I want to use.. They Are stock but I like them just the way they are and I would like to get the trailer to match...

View attachment 111581

cobbcfi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am not real big on using adapters but I am not sure I have many other options?

etracer68

Ensign

The adapters will offset the rims, and you will have to compare the offsets on the trailer rims compared to the truck rims with adaptors. They may stick outside the fenders.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant

Make sure you can get trailer tires for the size of the rims that you wish to purchase.