deceased members

fireman57

Captain
Just throwing this out there. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a tribute page to the longstanding/upstanding members that have since passed away? Like spinnerbait, tashasdaddy, etc. They were members who helped build this site and made it fun and interesting to be a part of. I think it would help some of the older members remember them as we forget the contributions they made. Under each name members could tell a story about them or write a little tribute if they wanted to.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: deceased members

I think that is a really great idea, fireman57. I will bring it up in the Mods Only Forum.

Thanks. :)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

One example of what makes iboats iboats.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

why not?....wont take up much band widith.....and spinner and td (and others) were a tremendous help to us all.
a nice pic of les on his bass rocket......and doggies daddy on a toon with tasha in jax harbour

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class

:) HEY I also think that is a GOOD IDEA, we all will be decested one day.It would be nice to read about ourselfs from the GREAT COMPUTER IN THE SKIES [Hopefully]

fireman57

Captain

The way I look at it is I lost a bunch of posts from like 1999 until 2004 and they were the ones where JB, Joe Reeves and a whole lot of others helped me out. One day I would like them to be remembered by someone other than me on here and I'm sure they would be. It is almost daily that you see a reference to a thread about Joe Reeves carb settings, or awakening a sleeping outboard and I think that it is important for the younger and older members to read about them and what they have done and what kind of people that they are. Bob in VT and all of you should be remembered when it is time for keeping this place family friendly, helpful, and basically flameproof. Just my 2 cents.

aspeck

Staff member

External Combustion (http://www.steamlaunchphoenix.com/) was another one with great knowledge and wisdom and a very good heart. He passed away December 26th, 2008, I believe. Another great guy and member to leave us!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

This is a fantastic idea.
I knew TD beyond the screen, had the pleasure of spending a few days with him and fellow iboaters 2 years ago at a get together we had. About a month before he passed he called and asked me if I would be willing to look at a boat his sister was thinking of buying here local to me. The fact that he trusted me to inspect a 50k boat flattered me.

I often wonder if I passed suddenly would Diane log onto my PC and let my iboat buddies know I was never having any I/O issues ever again..lol

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

Great idea fireman57.

We could have links to some of their classic posts as well.
I'm sure there are many that could be a great memorial to them and a reminder of their character.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Just throwing this out there. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a tribute page to the longstanding/upstanding members that have since passed away? Like spinnerbait, tashasdaddy, etc. They were members who helped build this site and made it fun and interesting to be a part of. I think it would help some of the older members remember them as we forget the contributions they made. Under each name members could tell a story about them or write a little tribute if they wanted to.

Fantastic idea...

Great idea fireman57.

We could have links to some of their classic posts as well.
I'm sure there are many that could be a great memorial to them and a reminder of their character.

Very well spoken...

There are plenty of members here whose knowledge, compassion, and wit should simply never go away.

Something to the effect of an iboats immortalization forum.

puddle jumper

Captain

I put this idea out a wile back. Its nice to see others thinking the same.:)

jims plan b

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It has my vote ...reading this i just saw that spinner has gone to the great fishing lodge in the sky ,,I have been off site for a number of years
and remember chatting with him alot way back then

fireman57

Captain

puddle jumper I'll credit with you with the idea. I'm on here for a while then get busy with life and then show up again out of the blue. I guess we have to wait for JB to tell us something.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There has been a delay while varmint damage to my outdoor radio is finally repaired. This will probably happen. We are trying out details now.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Great idea, but was wondering how you are going to know if somebody has passed, or just doesnt want to talk boats anymore? Just wondering. .....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Great idea, but was wondering how you are going to know if somebody has passed, or just doesnt want to talk boats anymore? Just wondering. .....

paul......when one of the very close members here passes away.......we all know with in minits or hours.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

paul......when one of the very close members here passes away.......we all know with in minits or hours.

Plz excuse my ignorance, and I mean no disrespect, but how ? Other family? Is there more behind the scenes communication then meets the eye ?