4 bade ss prop that compares to a brp rogue?

zwalls

Cadet
I'm looking for a 4 blade prop that has the same or very near the same geometry as the rogue that would fit a yamaha F115.I can't find any specs on the rogue to do any comparisons.the solos HR Titan looks very similar,which doesn't mean squat but would be my fist choice to possibly try!!

any info would be appreciated!!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 4 bade ss prop that compares to a brp rogue?

I think you would be better off describing what you have now and how it performs.
including max rpm and speed.Tell us what you would like to accomplish.
Prop design is pretty much a mystery.The guys at "scream and fly"may be able to talk design details or perhaps expected performance results with various props.

zwalls

Cadet

I think you would be better off describing what you have now and how it performs.
including max rpm and speed.Tell us what you would like to accomplish.
Prop design is pretty much a mystery.The guys at "scream and fly"may be able to talk design details or perhaps expected performance results with various props.
I have a Laser II 13.5x21 on my boat now but a frend has the same boat with an Etec with the rogue prop and the handling and midrange is awesome.just looking for a similar prop to try to duplicate the what he has.I now I'll lose a little top end but I don't spen much time there anyway.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Most of the improvements you mention could be had with most any 4 blade.
And very likely any ss prop could supply some of the finer points.
The Solas Amita al 4 blade should supply an improved hole shot,ability to stay on plane at reduced throttle,smoother operation,and better response.At about $100.
The solas Titan ss 4 blade about $300. should supply some of the finer points as well.
Keep in mind your motors are different animals, also differen't boat set ups so the Rogue
may or may not work with your setup.
If you read the stickys at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible
we should be able to make some more specific suggestions.

zwalls

Cadet

Most of the improvements you mention could be had with most any 4 blade.
And very likely any ss prop could supply some of the finer points.
The Solas Amita al 4 blade should supply an improved hole shot,ability to stay on plane at reduced throttle,smoother operation,and better response.At about $100.
The solas Titan ss 4 blade about $300. should supply some of the finer points as well.
Keep in mind your motors are different animals, also differen't boat set ups so the Rogue
may or may not work with your setup.
If you read the stickys at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible
we should be able to make some more specific suggestions.
thanks for your response!
here are some details
both boats are war eagle predator 851's
both are rigged with same sonars and trolling motors
my boat has a yamaha F115LA....his boat has a 2011 Etec 115
my prop is a Laser II 13.5x21 @6000rpm's@51....his prop is a rogue 13x19 @5700rpm's@ about 48mph .....not 100% sure
both motors mounted on 3rd hole from the top with cavitation plates above the surface or the water

hope this helps

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Unfortunately I can't be much more help with prop design details.You might do a search here and on the net see what opinion of the HR titan is.
I can tell you that from my limited knowledge the Solas props in general have good predictable results.I can tell you the Etec has a 2.00 gear ratio the F115 has 2.15.
Could give the F115 very slight edge turning more pitch.Of course its fairly safe to say the motors very likely have a comepletely different torque curve with the F115 s torque peaking at a higher rpm.Unfortunately I have no torque info on either motor.
If I had 300 dollars to blow I would try the Solas HR titan.
You might try to see if iboats will do an exchange program they used to with certain props.

zwalls

Cadet

Unfortunately I can't be much more help with prop design details.You might do a search here and on the net see what opinion of the HR titan is.
I can tell you that from my limited knowledge the Solas props in general have good predictable results.I can tell you the Etec has a 2.00 gear ratio the F115 has 2.15.
Could give the F115 very slight edge turning more pitch.Of course its fairly safe to say the motors very likely have a comepletely different torque curve with the F115 s torque peaking at a higher rpm.Unfortunately I have no torque info on either motor.
If I had 300 dollars to blow I would try the Solas HR titan.
You might try to see if iboats will do an exchange program they used to with certain props.
thanks for your response and interest in the thread! I'm going to give the solas a try. if your interested I'll post the results!!

thanks

Z

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

By all means we'll look forward to your feedback.
Usually when going from 3 to 4 it is suggested to drop one inch in pitch.

zwalls

Cadet

By all means we'll look forward to your feedback.
Usually when going from 3 to 4 it is suggested to drop one inch in pitch.
I dropped 2 just to make sure I get the rpm's out of the 4 stroke.if solas would've made a 20" I think I might've tried that.I almost went a power tech at 20" but decided to go with the solas.I'll post the results as soon as I get the prop and put it in the water!!

zwalls

Cadet

If your interested steelspike I've had a chance to water test the solas hr titan 4 13x19.testing conditions were perfect this weekend early in the morn.at WOT I got 6300rpm's at 47.5 mph.5000 rpms at 39 to 40 mph.the prop handled very well in midrange and hard turns no problems.it's not the rogue but very very very close!I still prefered the way the rogue performed a little better but for the most part satisfied with the solas.
after speaking with the prop shop I bought the solas from and mentioned I still prefered the rogue he tells me he could make the rogue work by repressing a different hub(15spline) and a special thrust washer to fit the yamaha.well I was a little ticked off cause he didnt mention this before or I would've bought the rogue and tried that!!naturally I like to give that a try but this is getting pretty expensive!!

I have another question or your opinion. if I were getting 5400rpm's at 46.2mph out of the rogue 13x19 on the Etec what do you think the Yamaha may do with a little more gear ratio with the 13x19?do you think the yamaha would turn a 21" rogue and get close to 6000rpm's. a few ppl here seem to think I would be able to turn the solas hr titan 4 13x21 at about 5900 to 6000rpm's beings I can get 6300 out of the 13x19!

thanks again for your interest!

Z

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Assuming you can make 6000, with say 10% slip a 21 could produce about 49 mph.
not because its a rogue any similar 21 could...

zwalls

Cadet

Assuming you can make 6000, with say 10% slip a 21 could produce about 49 mph.
not because its a rogue any similar 21 could...
I found someone with a solas 13x21.he's shipping it to me to try out!!I'll post results once I've tested! once again thanks for your opinion and input!!

if I could find someone with a used rogue 13x19 or 21 I'd give that a try as well!!still looking!