Here are some Pics of86 procraft I'm trying to restore.

chanslk

Cadet
Kemp family picture 021.jpgKemp family picture 020.jpgKemp family picture 019.jpgKemp family picture 017.jpgKemp family picture 016.jpg Any advice that will help me restore this boat needed. The boat is a Bass Procraft fishing boat 1750v with 150Gt Johnson motor.

chanslk

Cadet
Re: Here are some Pics of86 procraft I'm trying to restore.

Here are more pictures,Kemp family picture 014.jpgKemp family picture 012.jpgKemp family picture 011.jpgKemp family picture 010.jpgKemp family picture 009.jpg

chanslk

Cadet

Kemp family picture 022.jpgKemp family picture 027.jpgKemp family picture 031.jpgKemp family picture 029.jpgKemp family picture 030.jpgAnd more pictures

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You have lots of work ahead of you! It can be done tho!
First steps will be to completely gut everything out......Yes, everything. Down to the just a bare hull. Then comes the grinding. Oh....the grinding.

The folks and info here can get you thru this project with a better than new boat.

chanslk

Cadet

Here are motor pictures.Kemp family picture 037.jpgKemp family picture 043.jpgKemp family picture 044.jpgKemp family picture 047.jpgKemp family picture 050.jpg

chanslk

Cadet

You have any info on how to take out the live wells?

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Any overall pictures of the boat? If the boat has a top cap, the livewells are likely part of it(judging from pics) and will come out when you lift and remove the cap.
From the pictures, it appears your stringers(main supports for the hull) are completely rotted. Have you checked the transom?
Perhaps do some reading on this forum and you can gain a persepective of what is all involved. Just search stringer/transom replacement and start reading.

chanslk

Cadet

Checked the transom and the only thing that was bad was the battery shelf on one side. But everything that was holding engine was in good shape I was only looking at replacing the stringers, floor on main deck and all carpet and seats.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

it looks like cap has to come off that one. too much in the way to get to the stringers.....with the cap off your job will go 10 x as fast.

that looks like a full gut.

start reading threads that say full restoration....the compleated reatoration section including skanky beast.

the link in my sig has all the glassing info you will ever need.....and friscoboater has some vids on the subject.
dont worry that the boats arent bass boats.....boats are boats.....even the titanic was built along the same premise. :eek:;)

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Oops's thread, albeit long, was worth the read...my eyes were bleeding by the time i finished but the info I took away from just that one thread has given me the confidence that my own restoration project will be a success. I am a first timer to boat restoration, went in thinking it was going to be easy, but mine will be a complete gut as well, These forums are a god-send to the first timer, with search you can find almost anything and if you cant find the answer these salty dogs actually do respond to us greenhorns. Good luck with your project, for me at least the project has given me almost as much fun as the boat will fishing next spring