Wheel dolly for under the trailer tires? sideways move.

schiker

Cadet
Anyone ever put dollies under the tires of a trailer and push a boat sideways and tuck it up against a wall for storage? Or turn it sideways once in the garage for winter storage? I am thinking of using some of the caster tire dollies and trying to maximize my garage space so I can get more into it and still be able to work etc. I have a fold a tongue trailer and might be able to get it in corner fairly tight or turn it and put it at the back. Or do some diagonal creative move?

I have a 17'6" Searay bowrider w/ 3.0L. Would 1000 lb each capacity work? Probably get some cheap harbor freight ones or Northern Tool and Equipment. ~ $60

And or one for the tongue too as my tongue jack wheel doesn't swivel it just skids if I push it sideways?

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Wheel dolly for under the trailer tires? sideways move.

I've used them before for trailers, they work... I've pushed the capacity on them some also, not like you are going down the road, if you overload it too much you just end up with a flat wheel dolly!

As far as your tongue jack, I'd just buy a new jack that swivels! Cheaper than a wheel dolly...

sdride

Seaman

I have done it in the past. The only issue that I had was since you are raising up the trailer wheels the tongue jack can become short.

6x6TRex

Cadet

I have done it many times with my boat, 18'4" Baja w/ Merc 150 OB. Its the only way to get our boat in and out of storage each year. They work pretty good, just takes 2 people to push the boat around.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

I've done it with cars, works like a charm, no reason it wont work with a boat. Just make sure the front jack stand is sturdy.

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Done it with cars, also. Had a "two car" garage that you really couldn't put two cars in, so I had to push one over against the wall so the wife could park hers inside. Mine was a "project" car and I don't work on it during the hot summer months.

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tried it with my 18' bowrider and the dolly started to collapse, from Harbor Freight, work fine for my MG. I'd get one with a high capacity.