Fresh water flow problem

Blue Dolphin

Recruit
My 1994 28' Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge boat recently developed a fresh water problem. The Surflow pump seems to work okay and I have cleaned the filter, but it won't pump water to any of the 3 taps, either hot or cold water. I did recently replaced the galley faucet and it seemed to work fine when testing it. Then the next morning the pump would run, but no water at the faucets. I took the line off the pump and there was water coming strong when I turned it on, but it just won,t get it to any of my faucets now. Any ideas? Could it be an air lock? Or is it most likely a broken pipe somewhere? Or a leak in the hot or cold water tank?
I am stumped. Any advice?

shrew

Lieutenant
Re: Fresh water flow problem

IT sounds like you might have air in the lines somewhere. More then likely as the result of a leak somewhere. Trying priming the system with a hose to confirm you can get water out to all the faucets. Then once it is primied see if it works. Teh pump may be spinning, but possibly the pump is going. Try disconnecting the main lines from the pump and see if you are pushing water out at all.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

where is the filter....before or after the pump?

Tetondan37

Seaman Apprentice

I had a 27 foot Fiberform with a similar problem. I would turn the water on and could hear the pump but no water. I would have to suck the water to the faucet. After I primed it I had no trouble.