need help on setting up 597ci hd di combo hummingbird

shakesmvl

Recruit
this is my first boat rented before have portable units ijust had this unit plus a minn kota 55 power drive2 with built in tranducer bow mount two mounts dashboard and by bow mount so i use same unit the boat shop that i had do the work told me they would go threw showing me how to set it up and use it when i pick it up then gave me the dvd and read it thats you need took the boat out tried to set it up put not working right can anyone help me out

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: need help on setting up 597ci hd di combo hummingbird

I am not at all sure what you are asking. You need to learn to use some punctuation and some capital letters where appropriate. Sorry to be so blunt, but it is VERY hard to follow what you are asking. Also, it is not clear what your set-up is. Is it a Minn-kota 55 with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor? What exactly do you mean by not working right? I have that unit on the transom and have no issues, but I know that it can have issues with a trolling motor mount if it is not done just precisely correct. Have you contacted Humminbird support? They are very helpful, althought it will likely be very difficult to get through to anyone just before the big holiday (as everyone is trying to do the same thing.) It sopunds like you have two different mounting positions for one display. Unless you have two transducers, I am doubtful whether that unit supports that sort of set-up.

TerryMSU