Alpha one shift issue

mercmafia

Cadet
Hi I just bought this regal with a 230/v8 and a alpha one drive. When I bought it had problem shifting so I adjusted the cables and was having issues getting it from forward to neutral without jiggling the control handle. So I just replaced the control box and cables now still issues. I adjusted them right to what the manual says and when I do that all I have is neutral ... doesn't even try to shift to anything else. I have been messing with it and I can get it into forward but it also still wants to stick. But no matter what it seems like im not getting enough travel to get into reverse. Any help is greatly appreciated.

WILSONS88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Alpha one shift issue

Did you check or replace the lower shift cable? What year is the boat?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Alpha one shift issue

Hi I just bought this regal with a 230/v8 and a alpha one drive. When I bought it had problem shifting so I adjusted the cables and was having issues getting it from forward to neutral without jiggling the control handle. So I just replaced the control box and cables now still issues. I adjusted them right to what the manual says and when I do that all I have is neutral ... doesn't even try to shift to anything else. I have been messing with it and I can get it into forward but it also still wants to stick. But no matter what it seems like im not getting enough travel to get into reverse. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ayuh,... As Wilson is hintin',... I think ya started on the Wrong end of the system...

Lower shift cables usually last 5 to 8 years...