Water in my back seat compartment...hurricane deckboat

stomil

Recruit
Hi,
I'm getting water that fills up in my backseat compartment, there is a drain but its not clogged and the water rises. Why won't it drain? Does anyone else have a problem as such?:eek:
Please help I'm sick of scooping out the water. There must be a reason. Thanks

dccordell

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Water in my back seat compartment...hurricane deckboat

I'm not real clear on where the water is coming in at, or where from? Can you post a pic of this water and the location it is filling up?

southkogs

Staff member

Hey Stomil:

For clarification, is your hull a self draining hull?

If yes, then the hole you're talking about is essentially a scupper that will allow water to drain out and you're boat is seriously broken - don't go out until you have a pro look at it.

If the answer is "No," then I'm thinking you're trying to boat without a plug in your drain hole. If this hole is below your outdrive (or outboard) at the lowest point of the hull, then it's supposed to be plugged when your out.

stomil

Recruit

Hey Stomil:

For clarification, is your hull a self draining hull?

If yes, then the hole you're talking about is essentially a scupper that will allow water to drain out and you're boat is seriously broken - don't go out until you have a pro look at it.

If the answer is "No," then I'm thinking you're trying to boat without a plug in your drain hole. If this hole is below your outdrive (or outboard) at the lowest point of the hull, then it's supposed to be plugged when your out.

Thanks for the responce,
Im docking in in seawater and the water is freshwater ...rain water. But it doesnt drain out?? I'll try to post a picture.

stomil

Recruit

I'll try to post in a picture. Thanks for responding

oops!

Supreme Mariner

we dont have enough information.......we need pics....this does not make sence.

if you are getting that much water in the boat........your bilge pump is not working....and you are sinking.

if you boat in salt ...and the water is fresh.....then you have a fresh water tank and it is leaking.....or your boat is totally waterlogged with rain water.

the water will drain at the dock....with the bow up and the plug out.....

Tjnocella

Recruit
I have a 1996 Hurricane deck boat. My compartment in my rear seat was holding water. However, it is like a cooler type material under the seat. No drains either or a means of removing the standing water. I checked under my deck for wires, etc. what I found was it was right above my fuel tank. I carefully drilled a hole in it to allow water to drain. Water now drains. Could have drilled a larger hole to fit a plug but never used them as coolers anyway. Just sayin

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Welcome to iboats.

This is a 4 year old thread... Please take a couple minutes to read the rules.