AQ131a w/275 Outdrive Steering Helmet Question

saltydog1973

Cadet
Hey Guys...I have been reading through the forums for weeks now and found them very helpful! At any rate, I was given a 87 Bayliner Trophy that is missing the bushings that connect the steering helmet to the outdrive. It's a two bolt type, and I have the bolts, however am having trouble even finding the part. I also took the steering arm off, as well as the steering fork and everything seems to be in good shape with the exception of a little play at the top of the steering fork when installed. I guess my question is can I just replace the bushing for the steering helmet? or is it a part that has to be purchased all together? I can send pics if needed and any help would be greatly appreciated!

saltydog1973

Cadet
Re: AQ131a w/275 Outdrive Steering Helmet Question

Thanks for the response...Is that the only part I need? In the schematic it shows 15 and 15a? Thanks again!

sqbtr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

15 is the other single bolt style.

saltydog1973

Cadet

Excellent...thanks for the help on that! Is that part pressed in? Also, I have attached some pics of the steering fork, maybe you can tell me if it looks ok or not. Looks like the threads are flat at the bottom of the shaft, but i'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not.
View attachment 110840