zodiac futura 1997 m2

rammbo

Recruit
hi guys i hav a 35 hp 2 stroke johnson should this motor pop me on the plane easily its starts first pull has good compression runs nice and smooth but is so gutless what could b a possible problem its got me stumped any suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: zodiac futura 1997 m2

What prop do you have on it? Prop pitch is important.

Checking the compression is good, but a leaking seal in the crankcase can run you up the wall also. Have you tried it on any other boats?

rammbo

Recruit

Not sure how to identify prop pitch bit of a boating novice how do i check crankcase seal?What size prop and pitch do you think would b right?also the fin above the prop is about 30mm lower than bottom of transum and got the tilt set on the 2nd hole from the transum.no i havent tryed on other boats .prop is 10x15.

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class

You have a 10 in diameter by 15 in pitch prop. Some prop manufacturers publish rough guides for application of the props, try Michigan Wheels site.

The quickest test is to tach the motor when running at full throttle on the boat. It should be in the range of 5,000 to 5,500 rpm for most motors. If it is, then that os all the power the motor has available.

Best bet to check the crankcase would be a dealer if motor does not perform up to speed with correct prop on it.

rammbo

Recruit

You have a 10 in diameter by 15 in pitch prop. Some prop manufacturers publish rough guides for application of the props, try Michigan Wheels site.

The quickest test is to tach the motor when running at full throttle on the boat. It should be in the range of 5,000 to 5,500 rpm for most motors. If it is, then that os all the power the motor has available.

Best bet to check the crankcase would be a dealer if motor does not perform up to speed with correct prop on it.

Cheers for that ill wire up a tacho see what revs its doing i dought its doing 5000 but i let ya know how i got on.