23 of August our heathy baby boy was born !

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi to all, so after 41 weeks and a few day baby Antony decided to join us. He weigh in at 3.9 Kg/8lbs10oz. He makes us so happy...and the doctors and nurses that interacted with him all had one thing to say : Your are so lucky, he's perfect !...after 2 day in the hospital for mom and baby to rest (and a recling chair/bed for dad) where we were served breakfast lunch and dinner we got to take little Antony home to his house that has a room specially just for him...Noah's Ark theme. Yesterday a community health nurse did a house call for a good two hours did a check on Antony (heart,lungs,mobility,ckeck for juntoos,took a bottom of heel blood sample) and then a full ckeck on the mother and answered questions, gave us a pile of leaflets...phone numbers to call in case of anything....and all this did not cost us a dime.Wifes mom and sister and i were there during the birth along with two doctors and two nurses and the quality of it all (equipment,care,compassion,professionals) just blew me away...I don't know of any other place that i think my little baby could have been born other than in this country...i can shout out loud...I love and always will love Canada !...and now i can proudly say that i have roots that will forever link me to Canada.
Dan

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: 23 of August our heathy baby boy was born !

Congrats on the arrival of the new crew member. Glad everyone is well. Without getting political here, I'm so glad we have universal healthcare.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you ever wondered what the purpose of life is, you now have your answer.

Congratulations, Father. :)

southkogs

Staff member

Congratulations!! Life takes on whole new courses with children ... I've enjoyed every turn, and continue to find a lot of joy in being Dad.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!!!! I too am a new father this year, Olivia was born on 4/12 and my life has not been the same since. She has made my life so much better, nothing like coming home from work and having a great big smile and a hug there waiting for you. (like having a dog but 100x beter).

Not sure if that is you first or not, but it is amazing experience being there to see your baby be born. I was, and is not something I will ever forget.

Good Luck to you and your new family and post pictures of the little guy if you can!!
Eric

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congratulations!!!!! I too am a new father this year, Olivia was born on 4/12 and my life has not been the same since. She has made my life so much better, nothing like coming home from work and having a great big smile and a hug there waiting for you. (like having a dog but 100x beter).

Not sure if that is you first or not, but it is amazing experience being there to see your baby be born. I was, and is not something I will ever forget.

Good Luck to you and your new family and post pictures of the little guy if you can!!

Eric

Hi to all, hi Eric.
Baby Antony is our first...i for some reason have taken my time with family starting business...i'm in my early 40's and my wife is 30...i guess that what was meant to be...and we love it and wonder why didn'we start earlier ?,. Thank you to all that have sent the good wishes...the wife and i are beyond just happy...we are high on hapiness.
Dan,Shannon and thank God ; Antony !