Suzuki dt25 1998 two stroke injection INFO please

seasprayralph

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings fellow boaters,, .I have just bought this engine , and as yet have not fitted it to my boat or attempted to start it. I thought that before doing so I would ask for any useful advice/tips , which might save me trouble and more especially since this is the first time i have had an engine with oil injection.
The engine is set up for remotes and though i dont have the suzuki control box, I dont anticipate any problem with using my own morse box, however wiring for battery charging and kill switch might be a problem ??.
Initial inspection shows the unit to be in excellent condition with loads of compression and hoping it will push my microplus 502 (18 feet) along at a reasonable speed and with better economy than my current 1993 Johnson 40 hp commercial two stroke twin (only reason for change) which i will soon be advertising for sale on ebay.
Main question is !! do i simply put two stroke oil (which do you recommend for this engine) in the oil tank , do i need to do any sort of priming of the oil, or is that automatic ??, and is the injection system reliable normally??, I was thinking maybe for safety i should premix a weak oil/fuel mix to check oil is being injected,, any thoughts on this ??.
I do intend to buy a user manual for this engine asap, and if anyone has one for sale please let me know.
Thanking you all in advance, Ralph

Last edited: