Anyone ever used Rhino Liner on their boat trailer?

920Sting

Cadet
I recently was at the launch getting my boat in and had to stand on the front of the trailer in the V section to push the boat off. I slipped a little and fell right into the lake. HAHA yes I know its funny but not at the time. Was thinking about putting the Rhino Lining on just the front part of my trailer where I might have to step on from time to tim just for more traction and prevent falls. Anyone ever done this? My trailer is black but is a very nice Tennesee Trailer so a bit worried about how it could potentially look? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks to all!

Sandor27

Seaman
Re: Anyone ever used Rhino Liner on their boat trailer?

Try adhesive backed stair tread grip tape from HomeDepot or Box Store. I have this stuff on the bow deck of my Jon boat for stepping in and out. Easy to remove if it wears out or you don't like it.

beason

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have user the rustoleum bed liner spray cans for various items on my truck, but if i were you, i would try the adhesive grip strips first. If you clean the area really well, i think they will do just fine.

920Sting

Cadet

Great ideas guys thanks much. Much less invasive should it not work out like you said vs painting that stuff on and risking messing something up on the trailer. Thanks again!

Dhopper71

Seaman

I'm totally refinishing my trailer, and used a paintable bedliner/undercoat rattle can as my first 2 coats of primer. It gave me a great primer and a very thick rough finish that isn't as slick as usual after I applied my black gloss finish. Should also be pretty durable, but only time will tell.

I do think I will add a couple of the stair tread adhesive strips to my fenders for an extra level of slip protection.

Post a pic of your finished upgrade!

robert graham

Admiral

Lots of time, especially in the colder weather I keep a pair of 12" Black Rubber Boots in my trunk to slip on while launching/retrieving boat. Boots have heavy cleats on bottoms for great traction and keeps your feet dry. Walmart sells them for about $20/pair! They're also good for lots of other wet/cold weather activities!

j_martin

Admiral

My 22 year old Tracker trailer has plywood fender steps covered in carpet. I'm thinking the replacement (soon) will be metal coated with Rhino-Liner, or plywood, treated with CPES and coated with Rhino-Liner.

jjohnson120

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try adhesive backed stair tread grip tape from HomeDepot or Box Store. I have this stuff on the bow deck of my Jon boat for stepping in and out. Easy to remove if it wears out or you don't like it.

I did this very thing on the tongue of my trailer and it has made it a ton easier and safer.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

The Rhino liner is great stuff, and their dedicated dealers are now finding many, many uses for this spray on application. Unfortunately, their expertise comes at a price. It's great anywhere you need to walk.

You can find other comparable items from Duplicolor and Herculiner that will do the job--at much less prices. They're available @ Wallyworld and any of the big national auto parts chain stores.

By all means, put them on your trailer.

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

If you have a Bobcat dealer nearby go to the parts department and get a "step tread" for an 863 Bobcat. It's a piece of material with black "gritchy" stuff on it. (For lack of a better term.) The adhesive is VERY aggressive. I paid $8 for the one I got and cut it into three sections for the tongue of my trailer. It's waterproof, very durable and looks good. Saves me from skinned shins and other nasty things that happen when you slip off the tongue. It's like the stair tread stuff mentioned above but it's heavier and more durable.

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used leftover HydroTurf on my slippery parts. Same stuff they use on surfboards, swim platforms, jet skis, and some motorcycle guys use it.

920Sting

Cadet

Those are cool!!! Well I did get the tape tread stuff and put it on today and turned out really good. Think it will help immensely. Thanks for the other good tips about some of the brand or different kinds of tape that might be helpful if this doesn't hold up. Attached a pic of the final product. Thanks again for the helpful replies!!!

920Sting

Cadet

Or Not Sorry wont let me must be to big :mad: