Great day to be alive

skargo

Banned
What a beautiful day, we turned the AC off for the first time in over a month, cool breezes, high of only 83 today with low humidity! AWESOME!
I hope you all are having nice weather too. Looks like we will get a ton of rain this weekend from Irene in the Chesapeake bay area though.

beason

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Great day to be alive

101 here, has been all month, and will be the rest of the month. hasnt rained anything worth noting since September of last year.

on the plus side, i dont think boating season will end this year! To bad all the lakes are drying up.

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

Thats great skargo. 105 here today (day 52 over 100 this year & 10-15 more predicted). Maybe I should consider moving, the heat's getting worse or maybe I'm just getting older & it's harder to take. Wish I could turn off the a/c, electric bills averaging $350 this summer.

skargo

Banned

I hope you guys in the drought get some relief soon! We have had a very hot summer as well, and were very dry up until a few weeks ago. I am just glad to get a break from paying my electric company for my constant AC running!

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

any day alive is a great day to be alive. our ac has been off for a few days now. we actually had to break out the covers last night and when I checked it was down to 48 degree outside and we had to shut the windows (8 month old baby). Labor day weekend is coming up fast so i'll be closing the pool and starting to buy my winterizing stuff for the boat soon :-(

pbgeneral

Seaman

Wow 48 degrees, that must be nice. 105 to 112 with heat idex here on the Ms coast.