3 buoys house boat blown engine

3bouys

Recruit
i have a 1987 3 buoys sunseeker houseboat. it has the 4cylinder engine and i cracked the block this weekend. i would like to install a larger motor at this time. any advice on this type of converstion would be great??

thanks

jim

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3 buoys house boat blown engine

what kind of drive/ are you taking merc here?

the little 140 hp 4 bangers in those boats were really reliable little motors.....real work horses.

the next step up would be a 4.3 v6.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

by the way....welcome to i boats !

oops!

Supreme Mariner

oh....and btw....i not sure what you expect out of the new motor....you arent gonna see 30 mph out of anything you put in it...

a 4.3 will get you a little better speed.....but at the trade off of more gas...but for the extra two or three mph ....is it worth it?

cr2k

Captain

Not to mention having to change the drive for the right gear ratio to make use of a bigger engine.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I believe that's a Volvo.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I believe that's a Volvo.

think so? i know volvos are better drives.....

in our area there is a mecca of housboats.....the shuswap lakes. 90 % were merc setups due to availability of parts, and the ease of the swap/fix.

the props were all plastic....(if a fin got dinnged they could just change out the fin). customer gets charged 400 for a prop....lol

skargo

Banned

I bet a diesel conversion would be awesome. How big is the boat?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

think so? i know volvos are better drives.....

in our area there is a mecca of housboats.....the shuswap lakes. 90 % were merc setups due to availability of parts, and the ease of the swap/fix.

the props were all plastic....(if a fin got dinnged they could just change out the fin). customer gets charged 400 for a prop....lol

Isn't 3 bouys houseboats in Sicamous? cuzz a bud just rented one on the weekend :D

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...1JTMDA&usg=AFQjCNFXSYxywv1e3QATKnF7SD_GV_BvDw
(different MFG???)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

yeah they are......'ell.....ill drive up there and do the swap....or fix the motor he has.......good excuse to visit a good iboater in the area.....(hows your guest house doin)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Isn't 3 bouys houseboats in Sicamous?
Used Three buoys are everywhere. A bunch down here on Mead etc. Guessing on the Volvo, but seems most likely with that vintage . . .

oops!

Supreme Mariner

next time im down there to buy a boat......im hitting mead.......i have heard tooo much about that lake not to boat it once.......but should i bring the gf?....or just leave her at the hotel?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

yeah they are......'ell.....ill drive up there and do the swap....or fix the motor he has.......good excuse to visit a good iboater in the area.....(hows your guest house doin)

Doors open and beers a chillin.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Doors open and beers a chillin.

actually......i wouldnt mind dragging my boat up there for a weekend....take the girl camping.......let me talk to her.....if you cant find a good secluded camping spot on the shuswap.....you are blind

rbh

Fleet Admiral

actually......i wouldnt mind dragging my boat up there for a weekend....take the girl camping.......let me talk to her.....if you cant find a good secluded camping spot on the shuswap.....you are blind

Well I finally pulled the boat out 2 weeks ago and still need to splash it (lousy weather and the roof thingy)
Its our 11 or 12 or 13??? (years just blend ya know) wedding anniversery coming up on the long weekend, thought we would head up to the narrows and Seymour or Annesty arm, who knows??

Your more than welcome to come.

QC

Supreme Mariner

but should i bring the gf?....or just leave her at the hotel?
Bring the GF to Mead, leave her for the trip to Havasu ;)