Evinrude 130HP Bogging down Issues

haines565l

Cadet
Hi All New to this site and would like some help in regards to my evinrude 130hp Model#HE130TXAR

oK So for the past 5 or so times i have a been out i have no issues untill about 3 or 4kms into our trip and the motor starts bogging out it goes from about 5000rpm to 1000rpm then i can only go to about 3500 to 4000 for 5 or so mins till it returns to normal with no issues wat so ever for the rest of the day

Now last weekend i started motor on muffs and noticed alot of oil splutter all over concrete once id finished anyways took it out yesterday motor ran fine this time untill i was on my way home on 5000rpm motor just stopped and was shaking like no tomorrow i pressed the fuel bulb and it was hard tryed pushing in the choke and this did nothing i could not not rev over 1500rpm with out the motor to shake again it was like it went into a limp mode for it only to come good again and like nothing had happend the last 5 or 6kms home it was fine wat could this problem be anyhelp apppricaited

Thank You David

Haffiman

Commander
Re: Evinrude 130HP Bogging down Issues

Could you please double check your mod number?

Haffiman

Commander
Re: Evinrude 130HP Bogging down Issues

I'll be off for some weeks and may not have time to follow this all the way, but try to give you a start.
Is your alarm system working?
Your description indicates that the SLOW function has kicked in limiting the rpm's.
That should only be activated by NO Oil, and TEMP on your engine, but together with alarm. To reset, the engine has to be restarted, which seems to be what you did.
I have however experienced similar in connection with:
-Fouled plugs.
-Use of NGK 'R' plugs
-Defective plug leads
which gives no alarm signal.
Check that the tan alarm wire from the temp switches in the heads are not in contact or too close to any plug lead, and if you are using NGK "R" plugs, replace them with Champion 'Q' plugs.