Clipping noise in speakers when trimming

Dood

Cadet
I everyone,

Is there someone that knows how to remove clipping noise from speakers when i use my trim.
I tried using a ground loop isolator to the amplifier. The clipping is less but still there.
Were is the best ground for a boat beside the fuses box?

If anyone nose something about this anoying noise, please post.

Thank you

Danny

snake77

Cadet
Re: Clipping noise in speakers when trimming

It is possibly ground problem. But it can be the ground from the audio head unit. Try running a ground straight from the battery one for the radio one for the amp. You don't have to route the wiring yet just run them straight and check how this works out. also it can be interference to the power
wire from not a large enough guage wiring or you may be getting frequency interference from
the trim power wire running close the the audio power wiring. Are you using an adequate guage ground wire?

Dood

Cadet

There's a 12 gauge wire running from the negative pole to the fuse box, and all the accessories ar grounded to the fuse box.
What size of wire should i be using for the ground?

Danny

snake77

Cadet

Do you happen to have a volt meter.
If so it would be nice to see if you have any voltage at the ground of the amp and the head unit.
With a good ground you should have a total voltage drop. So there should be no voltage at the ground. So take for example
that there is a bad ground at the trim actuators then the electricity will follow the path of least resistence and that may be your
amp grounds.

Dood

Cadet

The problem is solved, it was the ground wire that was to close to the positive wire of the trim switch. As soon as a pulled the wire away from that wire the clipping noise went away .

Thank you for your advise