Crownline BR 270 misc. alarm at high speed

delvec1

Recruit
Today, running my crownline br 270 at 4200 rpm, 38MPH, i heard a misc. alarm, which was constant, it was not my depth sounder or garmin. I thought it may be my carbon monoxide detector in my head compartment, but as i slowed down to 8MPH the alarm went off. this is an bowrider and should not of had and carbon build up at that speed in forward cabin. I reviewed my crownline manual ( not much info there) and thought someone could give me some feedback on what other alarm it could be. I appreciate any feed back or thoughts on what i might check. Also noted that oil, temp and voltage gauges read normal. any other thoughts.

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crownline BR 270 misc. alarm at high speed

Volvo or Mercruiser engine?

For Mercruiser, the most common causes of a constant audible engine alarm are: low lube level in the outdrive reservoir, high engine cooling temperature or low engine oil pressure. Other causes of a constant alarm: engine overspeed or low seawater pump pressure.

For Volvo, low engine oil pressure, high engine cooling temperature or high exhaust temperature generate a constant audible alarm.

If you have a carbon monoxide detector, they can go bad as well. Sporatic carbon monoxide alarms can be caused by a low voltage condition at the carbon monoxide detector itself.

I'd probably start with topping off the outdrive lube reservoir, since you state the oil pressure, voltage and cooling temp were normal.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Crownline BR 270 misc. alarm at high speed

does your boat have a fuel vapor alarm? if so, you have a fuel leak