Weight

mdamerell

Cadet
Please can anybody confirm the weight of engine and leg for a 4.3L V6 OMC<br /><br />Thanks<br />MD

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Weight

What Year ????<br /><br />Cobra, Or Stringer drive ???

Bondo

Staff member

650 to 800lbs.........<br /><br />That's Just a Guess,........ Where exactly are we going with this ????

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

My complete outdrive weighed 110 lbs full of oil. (atleast that is what the shipping label said). Unsure the weight of v6 engine...havent had one shipped to me (YET).<br /><br />-JustMrWill

Jilly - 5

Seaman

Go to Mercruiser web site. It has all engines and legs specs, including weights.

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Jilly - 5:<br /> Go to Mercruiser web site. It has all engines and legs specs, including weights.
That'll be a Ton of Help for an OMC........

TilliamWe

Banned

Bondo, now be nice! If we are only estimating weights, the Mercruiser weight with an Alpha would be pretty close to an OMC Cobra.<br />But as everyone says, the only way to truly figure out the weight of a boat is to weigh it on a certified scale.

Bondo

Staff member

I Totally Agree,.. A Truckstop, Gravel Quarry, Transfer Station, Landfill, Moving Company, Etc. would have a platform scale........<br /><br />And,.... I Suppose that You're Right,... Ford, Chevy,+ Dodge Pickups All Pretty Much Weigh the Same........... :D

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Or go to nada web site for boats. will list your boats dry weight (less any fluids, gear, and of course beer :D )<br /><br /> Jim