89 bayliner capri hellp to a newbie

DAN M VAGOS

Petty Officer 1st Class
hi all i just got a nice condition 1989 bayliner capri 15' with a force 50hp on it well the thing is the engine runs great and has 130psi and 125psi and i know the floor is wet but there is no water in the boat when i go out well when i punch it is seens to take off fine and has good power but if i go in a circle and come back through the wake the boat falls on its face is feels like there is no power at all and takes for ever to get going agen. also the power tilt is not working. also the jet of water coming out of the prop is huge seems like its spining a million miles an hour is the prop bad or am i over the weight limit of the boat.

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 89 bayliner capri hellp to a newbie

I'm no expert by any stretch, but first off I can comment on is the "wet" floor. My guess is it's water logged, is there any soft spots in the deck? I'll bet there are. Someone on here will chime in on the motor issue sooner or later, if not scroll down to the Force engine section of the forum & post the motor question there, you'll get your answers there for sure. Also try doing a search before posting a question, most of us have had the same issues & they have been answered before, the search is your friend. You will find that the Bayliner brand is not very loved on the forum. I have a '85 Bayliner bowrider w/ 85 hp o/b & love the boat, I had to replace the deck on mine, they are known to rot. Good luck with your new boat.