Bringing back the yamaha 2strokes

boater1234

Master Chief Petty Officer
I was talking to a fellow who said he called yamaha directly and he said he asked what was the deal with the 2strokes.He said they were trying to bring them back in production to the u.s.He claimed the yamaha rep said all this epa stuff is crap and the motors were coming back.Has anyone heard this or maybe this guy misheard or took what the rep said the wrong way.I don't know how that could be possible but it would be awesome if this were true.

Also i'm just asking if anyone has heard of this?I belive the guy mis understood the rep but that is why i'm trying to find out if this could even be a possibility.I'm sure if it were true it would be breaking news but this guy said it was true as i asked him if he was sure on what he was saying and he said 100%sure on what he was told.I know most of the people here say you can't ever listen to what a rep says as they don't know much,that is why i'm trying to find out if anyone has heard of anything even close to this.I know there is a ton of people who keep up with motors and what goe on with them so this would be the place to find out if this is even close to a true statement.Hope someone can shed some light on this,thanks.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Bringing back the yamaha 2strokes

Ohhhh noooo, the old he said she said issue again! Read the govt. regs Not hard to find, but hard reading for sure.

EPA crap for sure....but its what we have to live with.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

2 strokes are being banned at more and more lakes, don't think Yamaha is going to run head long into a dying market, now they do make 2 strokes that have the 4 star carb rating and can be sold anywhere but the old time carbed 2 smokes like my Evinrude are gone.

boater1234

Hey i figured that.This guy said he called yamaha and they said they were going to start bringing the old classic 2stroke outboards back to the u.s.I told him i think you heard wrong and he said no i'm not b.sing you.So i will call for myself just for kicks.I doubt he heard right though.Would be a great thing though.

pembertron

Recruit

so whats this about super charged 30+hp 2 strokes comming back?? Is that the 4 star carb rating??
And here in the UK as long as they are used soley for comercial use you can still order classic 2 stokes but you have to sign upto that you will own it for life and decommision it your self...

boater1234

What is funny about the epa banning all 2 smokers and making sure it will be all 4strokes or direct injected is they belive the original classic carb 2strokes motors hurt the planet,or destroy the air we breath right.But then we look at the state i live in,fl where we have no emissions and i see cars and trucks go down the road every day smoking like a forest fire is in them.That must really keep out air clean.I don't get it.

There is a ton of things that are way more toxic to out environment then older 2stroke outboards,i'm sure alot of people would agree on that.I know very little about politics or any of the govts reasons why they would do that but i think they need to look at some other stuff that causes dirty air or damage to our world instead of these little 2smokers.

I have never seen a 4star carb rating outboard,are they in the u.s anywhere?I think that is as clean as you can get.

connemaraisland

Seaman Apprentice

Yamaha is NOT bringing back two stroke outboards or anything like that. They are dedicated to be a 4 stroke leader and so far everything is going to plan. They are and have been the largest outboard manufacturer in the world and make a complete line of 4 stroke outboards.One thing this forum is missing especially on outboards is the outragous price all manufacturers are charging for their engines. Here in Canada a new 150hp 4 stroke Yamaha is 15K$. That is with no controls, no prop, not installedThe mark-up on these must be astounding and yet no one says anything - am I just out of touch!!!

What is funny about the epa banning all 2 smokers and making sure it will be all 4strokes or direct injected is they belive the original classic carb 2strokes motors hurt the planet,or destroy the air we breath right.But then we look at the state i live in,fl where we have no emissions and i see cars and trucks go down the road every day smoking like a forest fire is in them.That must really keep out air clean.I don't get it.

There is a ton of things that are way more toxic to out environment then older 2stroke outboards,i'm sure alot of people would agree on that.I know very little about politics or any of the govts reasons why they would do that but i think they need to look at some other stuff that causes dirty air or damage to our world instead of these little 2smokers.

I have never seen a 4star carb rating outboard,are they in the u.s anywhere?I think that is as clean as you can get.

pootnic

Chief Petty Officer

It's always alittle "funny" to me when I see what where doing to try to keep our countries "clean".
Theres a billion plus people in India and same in China,driving around in 2 stroke cars and anything else that runs.
Living in Canada it kind of bugs me...maybe I have to jump through all these hoops so when they come to take us over ...it will be clean for them.
Common sense is so common anymore.