New Boater Looking for Almost New Bowrider

bick

Seaman Apprentice
I am new to boating... only had a canoe and small sailboat years ago. We sold our camper and want to get into boating. I only want an 18-19' bowrider to use on a local lake and to trailer to other lakes. I think I would be better off buying a used one so I don't take a big hit if I decide to sell it in a couple years to get something larger or different.

I would like to buy one that is only a few years old such as a 2005 thru 2008. I figured I would be a little safer. The problem is I don't see too many this new around. Where else should I look besides Craigslist and iboats? The local mariners near me are way overpriced. Even the few I looked at being sold personally seemed a few grand above NADA average retail. Any tips you can give me?

p.s. I figure an 18' with a 3.0 is fine since I will not be pulling any skiers, maybe a little bit of tubing only.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: New Boater Looking for Almost New Bowrider

Do you have a local IWANTA? That can be a good place to look for lots of stuff. This time of year you're less likely to see a lot of boats for sale because people are out using them. More will become available in the next couple of months. Regarding the boats you think are overpriced, you can always offer less than they're asking and see what happens.

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

Craigslist is real good. Try another local city. Try here also. There should be plenty of used bowriders with a 3.0 available. PLENTY

MilChad

Seaman

boattrader.com usedboats.com and jaxed.com are good tools for finding used boats. Even if they aren't in your area, you can get a good idea on what prices are out there.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Use searchtempest.com to search multiple craigslist cities at once. It's worth a drive to find the right one.

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I started my search I looked on ebay, craigslist, boattrader, iboats, and when that didnt work I started going to local boat dealers. Finally I started looking online for local marinas and dealers and a buddy suggested a boat dealer that his roomate owned. Boats are out there, you just gotta keep looking. Dont get emotional about a boat, but be prepared when a great deal comes up to pay cash. Great deals do not last long. HOWEVER, make sure you check it out good.

bick

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the tips everyone!

beason

Petty Officer 1st Class

not sure where you are located, but i am trying to see the exact boat you are looking for except mine is a 1991. Good luck with your search, they are out there!