Suzuki DF70 EMM issues.

daselbee

Commander
I have been pulling my hair out over these two EMMs (ECMs) I have for a 2001 and 2003 Suz DF70.

Basically I have two EMMs, single connector, and both give a code 4-2 on two different engines. This means a CKP sensor problem, but the CKP sensors check out OK on both engines using the voltage measurement test exactly by the book.

So, I think I must have two EMMs that are bad in the same way, but this is doubtful to me.....two with the same failure? Hmmmm...I don't know.

Here is my question....how can I get these two EMMs tested? I am looking for a fine gentleman owner ( in Florida, S. Georgia, SC) of a DF70 2001 up, who would let me try my EMMs on his good running engine. Basically I would just plug my EMMs into his harness, and read the codes off the tach. Not even try to start. Simple test.

Any takers?

vrodrig

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Suzuki DF70 EMM issues.

I realize this post is from last year but what the heck, for what its worth there is a company out of California that fixes or check ECMs there site is CDIdoctor.com check it out and see what you think.

daselbee

Commander
Re: Suzuki DF70 EMM issues.

anybody comes across this thread and wants to know the answer...here it is.

The 4-2 and 2-4 codes, crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor do not clear UNTIL the engine has been successfully run.
So, if you are goofing around, unplug the CKP sensor, thereby setting the code, you have to start it and run it for the code to go away.
I was just turning the key to on, and reading the codes on the tach. I was pulling my hair out checking wiring, sensors, pins in connectors, everything.....and all I had to do was run it.

Sorry, I fixed this a long time ago, and just now came back here. I decided to post the results.