any idea for a bellows tool???

rasbury

Seaman
Progressing on my exhaust bellows replacement....pulled the stern drive, that was a little scary how easy that was (as in how easy they would be to steal), I have the bellows already installed on the front and now I'm down to pulling the bellows back over the other end. I know there is a special tool (50.00) to go into the inside of the bellows and pull it on....now, how do we men really do it? I'm thinking of some bent blade type of tool to go in there and pull it on.....I thought about putting the hard end on first and then doing the other end but you just can't in there unless you could extend the bellows and get it on and I don't see that happening........hmmmmm, any thoughts on a tool?

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: any idea for a bellows tool???

I posted up a cheap and easy to make bellows tool, do a search for "bellows tool" and my user name.

rasbury

Seaman
Re: any idea for a bellows tool???

Thankis for the info and I did put one together very similar....it's hard to get a round hose on an oblong protrusion however.....firt attempt has not gone so well...how much of the adhesive do I put on? It's hard to tell from the previous installation....seemed like everything starting setting before I could get it on...also next attempt will be with the housing turned, get it started and then straighten it up and see if I can work it in that way...for all the technology into these motors, sure seems like someone would come up with a better idea than this!

Rick