1969 6hp carb removal

liz873

Seaman
Need to remove carb on 1969 6hp johnson. Appears I have to remove pull starter to get at 2nd nut? (bummer) . Is this correct ? Any tricks on removal of pull starter in regards to spring tension so I'm not left with a mess. thanks

ONERCBOATER

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1969 6hp carb removal

yes... tape strings zip ties... all been used to follow his directions.

Sean

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Need to remove carb on 1969 6hp johnson. Appears I have to remove pull starter to get at 2nd nut? (bummer) . Is this correct ? Any tricks on removal of pull starter in regards to spring tension so I'm not left with a mess. thanks

This is why it is always suggested that your first step should be to buy a Manual. (I got my 6HP OEM manual for $20- on eBay, delivered. I'd pay $100- now, in a heartbeat).
There is a lot of trouble waiting for you if you mess with that starter without knowing what you are doing...and the manual will help you avoid most if not all of it.

liz873

Seaman

This is why it is always suggested that your first step should be to buy a Manual. (I got my 6HP OEM manual for $20- on eBay, delivered. I'd pay $100- now, in a heartbeat).
There is a lot of trouble waiting for you if you mess with that starter without knowing what you are doing...and the manual will help you avoid most if not all of it.

Yhanks to all. Found all you do is remove top screws of starter which allows you to push it aside without disturbing anything to get at nut. All you need is a little wiggling to get starter rewind seated again. Manual is much needed.