No Fuel in Float bowl

bassstalker

Recruit
Been having problems with 1959 3 hp 2 cyl. 'Rude. After dissasembly and cleaning, reassembling this motor, I'm still having problems with fuel. Take the fuel line off the carb and flow is good,when I check the bottom of carb, dry ! Soaked carb in cleaner and did usual checks.Manually putting gas in the inlet, the motor starts and runs until gas poured in is gone, then quits. This is a self contained gas tank model. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: No Fuel in Float bowl

Float problem. The float is sticking and not allowing gas to flow into the bowl. You probably need to clean the carb and inspect the float.<br /><br />Common problem on older self contained tank motors.<br /><br />Bob

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander

Get out the carb cleaner in areasol w/tube, or some compressed air, and blow through the passages the fuel has to travel to the bowl. Something's either plugged or sticking closed.

bassstalker

Recruit

I sure appreciate the input on the 3 hp. Evinrude. We did the cleaning up of the entire fuel system before the trouble though. We even re- checked the float and needle valve and fuel port.I guess I'll have to check it again huh guys? Thanks Yepblaze and Bob_VT. Its real cool to have a site like this :cool:

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bassstalker; Try looking inside your fuel tank, on the end of the fuel pickup hose, should be a fuel filter. Happy Boating, Hal