drain plugs

wendylou

Recruit
I have a 1964 avalon glaspar boat, 15.9 feet. I need to know how many drain plugs are needed. I see 3 holes on the back of the boat, but I've only put 2 plugs in, don't know where the 3rd whole goes to. When we pul the boat out of the water, all kinds of water pours out, so it must of ben water in the hull, we can't figure it out. we would appreciate any help we can get about this problem.

thanks wendy

TMALEGA

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: drain plugs

If it is a bass boat or has livewells in it my understanding is that there is one drain hole for the boat hull and the other two may just be pick ups or drains for the livewells. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge gets here and corrects me if it is wrong. Hope this helps.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

You should only need one plug, and to find out which hole you need to plug run a garden hose in the bilge of your boat. The hole that has water coming out of it is the one you need to put the plug in.

Maclin

Admiral

Can you post some pics. Sounds like livewell feed, livewells are compartments in the boat that usually have circulating pumps to bring water in and back out to keep fish alive in. If all kinds of water comes out then you need to learn about it and deal with it before you put it back in the water.

But, seriously, you put it in the water with an unplugged hole in the hull below the water line? How long have you had the boat?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I hate to admit it but I agree with Jigngrub:D, fill the bilge with water and see what hole the water comes out, pics would be a plus too