family's new mfg project

papajoe2558

Cadet
hows everyone doing? well over here we recently bought an MFG. we are currently looking over the figerclassics list (well basically trying to read what we can, from the specs we know) and go from there. here's some pics for everyone to see :) tell me what you think!

100_5551.jpg

100_5559.jpg

100_5563.jpg

100_5574.jpg

100_5568.jpg

mr 88

Commander
Re: family's new mfg project

There was a recent discussion on fiberglassics on a similar hull and the general opinion was that it is a Carefree maybe 57-59.Punch in Carefree in the search icon on that site,or go a few pages back in there main forum. Steering wheel and linkage is not period correct but very efficient.Looks like it is in very good condition,nice find!

papajoe2558

Cadet

There was a recent discussion on fiberglassics on a similar hull and the general opinion was that it is a Carefree maybe 57-59.Punch in Carefree in the search icon on that site,or go a few pages back in there main forum. Steering wheel and linkage is not period correct but very efficient.Looks like it is in very good condition,nice find!

i tried looking for carefree's but the only thing i could find started in 65, am i looking in the right place? the carefree i did actually find didnt look anything like my model....? from what i can find it looks like a 57 utilty boat....but almost more upgraded into a fishing boat? is this a possiblitly?

mr 88

Commander

What year is the motor? looks about a 1957. Serial number/Model# and then over to the Johnson/Evinrude forum and under FAQ there is a link to cross reference.Many times the year of boat and motor are the same. You can also try posting the same question w pictures on fiberglassics and see what you come up with.The glass ribs and the same stuff they put along the hull strakes on the bottom suggest to me pre 60-61.The transom braces as well.Have you taken exact beam and center line measurements to compare with what they have listed? Also the brochures back then were more of a guideline than anything else. They may have something listed and after printing changed it at the factory.Your seating and deck look stock and in very good condition.Was there a windshield on it as it looks like you have some screws where it would of been.
Okay I see you have posted on FG, see ya there.