89 bass tracker

dlplost

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 89 bass tracker

We can point you to almost any wiring diagram you would like,.....BUT you'd have to tell us exactly WHAT you would like a wiring diagram FOR?

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are you looking for a diagram for wiring insdie the outboard? If so, let us know the the serial number of your outboard and we can help from there. Are you looking for a wiring diagram for the controls that connect the outboard to the helm? If so, let us know the make of the motor and the serial number and we can help from there.

If you're asking a general question about wiring accessories like lights, pumps, or anything else then let us know what you are trying to figure out as these things could be done different ways.

We're glad to help if you can give us a little more to go on. :)

89tracker

Cadet

i am trying to wire up a fish finder and the wiring in the boat is all screwed up and when i tried to hook it up to the fuse box the finder
wouldnt turn on

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotcha! In that case, you don?t really fall into the realm of a standardized wiring diagram. The good news is you do fall into the realm of standard 12V DC wiring. Let?s consider a few things.

1. Do you have an accessory position on your ignition and do you have a battery switch and/or a main breaker? I?ve seen some systems powered on relays that will only work so long as the key is on. That?s not likely on an older tracker, but worth noting. Make sure your battery switch is on and your main breaker is not tripped if you have one. Check your battery connections and play with the wiring to see if there?s not a short in there somewhere. Start with the simple stuff.

2. Do the other accessories wired to the same fuse panel work? If so, then you seem to have power to the fuse panel and that does not appear to be the problem. If not, then you seem to have a problem feeding power to the panel.

3. Does the particular circuit you are connecting to work? Check the fuse to make sure it is blown and make sure you have current running through that circuit. You could test it by moving another accessory to that circuit for the time being (your nav lights for example).

4. Are there any inline fuses between your panel and the fish finder? Mine does. It annoys me but it does. If so check that fuse too.

5. Do you have a good ground? Most boats will have a ground buss you can connect to to ground the finder. If not, you can run a lead to the negative battery terminal to ground it, at least for testing purposes.

That covers basic troubleshooting for DC stuff. I?ve put together a generic wiring diagram for how things should be wired on a basic style bass boat since I?m restoring mine. I can get that posted if you like. Let me know if this helps.

j_martin

Admiral

I had one, up until Saturday when my hard drive crashed without a backup.

I got it by asking Tracker marine service. They sent me boat electrics and trolling motor system schematics. Barely readable, but useful to figure out what they had in mind.

Which Tracker do you have. They made everything from tinny's to 18' 150 hp fiberglass boats that year.

j_martin

Admiral

Just found some backup files. I have the switch panel diagram for the Tracker 1800 boats.

89tracker

Cadet

thank you i figured out the problem my fuse box wasn't getting any power from the battery it had a lose positve wire n i thinks thats why my fuse box isn't working.
And if u can post that generic diagram would be excellent.