Bravo One, wont trim up

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can't get my drive to trim up. Niether the switch on the throttle or the dash will work. Goes down with no issue. I tried jumping the solenoid. When I did the drive went up. I replaced that solenoid and it still wont go up via the switches. Going to check for power at the plug on the pump end. There are two solenoids on the pump, I was told the blue wire, which is the top solenoid , is the up one. Thats the one I jumped and replaced.
Have I overlooked something here?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bravo One, wont trim up

Look at the .pdf file below. It will lead you to the problem. It may be for an Alpha drive, but the Bravo trim is exactly the same.

Attachments

• A1G2 Trim Troubleshooting.pdf
    105.1 KB · Views: 4

Donnie Durbin

Seaman Apprentice

Did you check the fuse at the pump? I just replaced the down side and the fuse.

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for the quick responses. I did check the fuse at the pump, it was good.

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I believe the issue is with the trim limit switch. I disconnected the two wires for the switch and the guage near the pump. I made a jump wire and connected the two female ends. The trim up worked when I did that.

The only thing that has me confused at the moment is that the trailer up switch was not working before I jumped the wires but I've heard if the trim limit was not working, the trailer switch would override it.

palace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just for reference easy way to remember is green grass for down and blue sky for up. pretty standard. Had similar issue when I was coming off/out of the water this summer. I made a switch with alligator clips on it so I won't get stuck again. Wire ended up getting spliced in controler. Picked up 12V toggle switch at RadioShack.