Wake splash problems

57crawfish

Recruit
I have a 16' sea nymph flat bottom when I cross another boats wake made by boat of same size water is thrown up in front of boat high enough and in the amount it will wet you enough to soak your shirt it is great in summer heat but not in winter this boat has a 75hp motor with trim I have tried trim at diffrent levels maybe someone else has a idea other than no winter fishing in georgia thanks 57crawfish

Cap’n Ray

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wake splash problems

Take the wake at more ofan angle or slow down if you don't want to get wet. Not much else you can do I don't believe.

southkogs

Staff member

Wow - 75HP on a 16' Sea Nymph, you should be flyin'. If you're taking wakes hard enough to spray over the bow, are you loosing speed when you hit 'em? You've gotta' hitting 40MPH at WOT and I would think a blunt hit on a wake could toss someone overboard at that speed. What do you have up front while you're running (gear, live wells, people, etc.)? At the speed you should be moving, you should be planing plenty - even if it's not trimmed out just right.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Agree that slowing down will solve the problem. You can play with it and in slowing down, getting the bow up and then setting the speed where the wave brakes on the bow, your forward motion is just fast enouigh to make the splash flow forward of the boat. I ran Johns for years and had no problem......but I didn't have 75 hp on a 16'.

HTH,

Mark