Just clean my carburetors on my outboard sound great?

mcgill

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello to everyone on this great Sunday,

I just finished cleaning my carburetors on my Yamaha 150 V6 1987 this motor sounds absolutely great . I am so happy this motor sounds like it's growling. But there's just one thing the one carburetor on the bottom fuel is running out of the air intake of the carburetor I'm just curious why that float valve is not shutting off that gas. That's what I think I will run it a couple more times.

To See if it'll stays that way. Did I mention that the motor runs great sounds like a bear growling.

GrayBlue

Cadet
Re: Just clean my carburetors on my outboard sound great?

Gotta love a bear growling motor. Make sure the carb bowl is seated right and check the float height and needle valve. Take out that spark plug and see if it's firing or at least looks like it was firing. Check the butterfly and make sure it's opening and in sync with the others. Let us know what solves your issue.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

trash in the needle and seat is what usually keeps it from seating properly and sealing off

robert graham

Admiral

Maybe remove drain plug on that carb and pump primer bulb a few times to flush out that needle valve/seat...Good Luck!