rain!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Water is falling from the sky and it is only 72*.:D

YEE HAW!!

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: rain!

I know we sure can use it where I'm at, except it always seems to happen on the weekend since that's when we do our boating. Last couple of days the ac has been off and windows open with nights dipping in the upper 50's. Good sleeping for sure.

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

Haven't had to mow in two months, now 3" since Thursday morning (Yes!) will probably have to break out the old lawnmower again

bigdee

Commander

Love to see the rain,it has been dry here but the 72 degrees is a little to cool for me and a reminder of what is soon to come. I would rather be pulling off clothes and sitting under a shade tree with a beer than putting on more clothes and sitting inside!

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Glad you are getting rin in my neck of Northern Ohio we are about 10 inches ahead of normal for the year.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I'm so tired of rain Guys I can spit, I realize we have been in a 10 year drought but this has just gotten ridiculous, I think were 4"s above average right now, instead of buying that Harley this summer I should have gotten a Jet Ski for commuting to and from work!

howiewowie

Recruit

we got .3 inches in Texas hill country night before last and we been dry and hot we sure could use a tropical storm hit Corpus Cristi maybe that would give us some rain

Maclin

Admiral

We finally got some here too. We had some try to make it here Thursday adternoon but it all dissipated while I watched it on the radar, so I was glad for this morning's precip.

puddle jumper

Captain

Not meaning to hijack this thread but I think we only got about 20 hours of blue sky this summer so far.

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

We finally got a downpour a couple of nights ago and we sure need it here! Even some irrigated cotton around here has failed... Our playa lakes are near dry and even our spring fed lake is way low. :(

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

We got 3 1/2" today, sure was glad to see it!! I'll be really glad to see this heat break. It only got up to 80* today, but the forecast for the next few days is 100*+.
Mike

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We got 4 inches today 15 miles East of Abilene Tx sure needed it!!!

GMC2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I could only watch the radar for so long. Watched Dallas get slammed, then poof, gone... Like yetiman said, it's bone dry in Central Texas. Glad to see someone got rain for a change though...

Knightrider2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We are so bad off in Houston that Lake Houston is so low that they are going to release water from Lake Conroe. I feel sorry for the people on Lake Conroe and Houston. Just glad my place is on Lake Livingston. We are down, but no where near the drops they have sustained. We have had no significant rain all year.

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got an inch n a half in north dallas county, were the ones in that tiny circle on the heat , drought map... But they did start closing ramps in northern lewisville lake.

Of course the only night we get rain in months and I didn't have the cover on.:facepalm:

j_martin

Admiral

Wish I could send ya some rain. I've been trying to garden on clay in MN. I had to modify the rototiller. I took off the V-bar tires and bolo tines, and put on pontoons and wooden spoons.

DayCruiser

Ensign

We finally got some rain in SC after being scorching hot and dry for over a month. Lakes are way down. People get really stress when the rains stop and then you add 100+ temps all summer. Texas is even worse off so that has really got to suck.
I posted this in another thread but check out the long range forecast model at http://www.wunderground.com/ Maybe some good news for all us desperate for rain boaters. Tropical storms maybe heading toward the Gulf.

raymondpickens

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seems to have totally avoided San Antonio again. I'm down to about 2 blades of grass. Glad to hear it for you though.

Well last night I drove thru hard rain on 37 from about 410 to 1604 but unfortunately it didn't follow me home to pleasanton. :mad: