Oil Leaking Problems

Regal-89

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an 89 Raven Runabout 18.5ft., with a 3.7 Merc Alpha-1. I took my boat out the other weekend for the first time this year. The boat ran great, over the winter I changed all oils and did a little maintenance. Well after running the boat for a couple of hours, I came back home and put the boat back in my garage. I always tilt the boat back a little to make sure all water is drained. Usually there is a puddle of water for a couple of days, well this time there was water, and then oil. I looked in the engine compartment and it seems to be leaking around the head gaskets(not sure though). Can anyone tell me what and where I should be looking for my "most likely" leaks. I know I am asking a very broad question, but I wanted some help before I got home to get dirty. Any help would be appreciated.

trog100

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Oil Leaking Problems

the most likely place would be the valve cover.. u need to clean everything up and watch where its coming from.. its not usual for headgaskets to leak oil.. thow it is possible..<br /><br />trog100

Regal-89

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Oil Leaking Problems

oops, now looking back at what I wrote.....I did mean to write Valve gaskets, not head gaskets but I guess I will look at both. Thanks for the insight.