1999 bayliner capri 1850 LS gauges

brentjdavid

Recruit
Well, we just bought our first inboard or stern drive boat, not exactly sure if those are interchangeable? Anyway, the volt meter and speedometer do not read. I know the mph are read by the vacuum hose but I have no idea where the connection is on the back. I'm used to the little flip down white piece on the '76 ebko..I think its right above the lower unit bolt ons but I need some guided advice on where to move forward. For the volt meter, I'll check the volts at battery while engine is off and on, to make sure it charges, then check it at the gauge, but other than that, I'm not sure, every other gauge has thee wires to it where this one only has two?

Thank you in advance,
Brent

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1999 bayliner capri 1850 LS gauges

Ayuh,... The Volt meter only needs a (+), 'n a (-) to work...

You don't say what motor/ drive ya got,...
The pitot tube might be built into the drive, dependin' on what it is...

brentjdavid

Recruit
Re: 1999 bayliner capri 1850 LS gauges

yeah, i figured it only did need the two, but i was just making sure. it was the odd man out for consistancy! :) the engine is a 4.L liter v 6 mercruser. other than that i'm not sure what else to tell you, i've only had the thing for 2 days! lol! i'm still trying to figure out most of what all of it is. this is a pretty big jump from a 85hp OB mercury to a 195hp inboard. and from a 1976 to a 1999. if you could point out where i could find out the exact info your looking for i would be happy to check for you! i knew everything and where it was at on the other boat, but that was just from experience. thank you again.

Brent