battery charger loacation

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, Im a new owner of a Q5 SF and I want to mount a dual bank battery charger in the engine compartment. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good location . My main concern is drilling holes in the boat. Thanks in advance for your replies.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: battery charger loacation

I installed a dual bank on my q6. On the passenger side I have a divider that seperates the engine an 2nd battery I mounted to that, not sure if all tahoe sf has that I can post pics tonight. then drilled a hole next to the rear vents for the power cord.

splicer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I installed mine on the divider between the sun pad and the engine bay (if that makes sense). It's directly in front of the engine. I did it there, so that I can remove the whole assembly if I want/need to. I also installed a Blue Sea battery switch and isolator in the same location.

2008 Q6

sigfire

Cadet

For my Q4 F/S, i mounted my two bank charger flat on the shelf located on the port side just in front of the trim pump by the two batteries (a 27series and a 24series) along with the 50 amp circuit protector for the trolling motor. I just run the power cord out the port side hatch but have to pull the storage "bucket". let me know if you want pics.

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

For my Q4 F/S, i mounted my two bank charger flat on the shelf located on the port side just in front of the trim pump by the two batteries (a 27series and a 24series) along with the 50 amp circuit protector for the trolling motor. I just run the power cord out the port side hatch but have to pull the storage "bucket". let me know if you want pics.

Thanks for the input everyone. Pics always help.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I tried to add pics but it comes back and just says failed:confused: I don't know what else to do./Users/datimmons/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2011/Aug 11, 2011/IMG_0712.JPG/Users/datimmons/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2011/Aug 11, 2011/IMG_0713.JPG this is all I get