Good price or not?

Jonesie42345

Recruit
:confused:I just bought a 14ft Landau jon boat w/trailer,9.5 evinrude motor,trolling motor,3 life jackets,battery,paddles for $1000.00 Wondering if I paid to much?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Good price or not?

Sounds like a fair deal. Jon boats are kinda like 4x4 pickup trucks, they only get so cheap :D My area has a lot of shallow rivers so similar setups always fetch a good price. I think you did well.

robert graham

Admiral

If the motor runs good, then I'd say it's a deal!, and the beauty of the thing is you won't have to worry about depreciation of value...you could run that rig for 5+years, take good care of it, and still sell it for $1000 or more!...Send photos and Good Luck!...

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Too late now....but yes that is a good deal. A rig like that is fairly common, seldom for less than $900 and often around $1500. It's mainly driven by the age/condition of the motor, which alone is $350-$600 if old, more if new.
Trolling motor $100
Trailer $300
Boat alone $400-800

Few people around here sell these; may as well keep them, unless they are moving, dying or broke, or find they never go boating at all.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

If it runs well and the tires are good and you are happy with it then I say don't worry about what you paid. Just enjoy it and for whatever my opinion is worth I think it's a good deal.

southkogs

Staff member

I agree. Sounds reasonable. Have fun!