2007/2008 Optimax 115 thermostat warning lignt/alarm

warney

Recruit
Hi,

I have merc opti 115 on a 6m stabi, the last 2 trips, spent a lot of time at idle (puka fishing and kingfish jigging) both outings I got a thermostat warning - the idle temp was 42 degrees, but when i turned the motor off and back on it would creap up to 46 degrees - i got a warning alarm - but it does not seem overly hot, engine runs absolutely fine. the warning says if problem persists see merc dealer. it doesnt seem to be a major problem but dont want to go out wide and have something fail, it has only just been serviced and i have been using the quicksilver DFI - the water barometer seems ok regular flow of water is lower presure at idle - but a constant stream which i thought was pretty normal. at idle water baro reads 0.28 - 0.30 - and increases with revs.

Any advice on this warning device would be appreciated.

M

Maxz695

Re: 2007/2008 Optimax 115 thermostat warning lignt/alarm

Could just be a bad sensor they do go bad on occasion. You say it has low pressure at idle did they change the impeller when serviced?You should get a steady stream of water at idle. If the impeller hasn,t been changed in 1 to 2 years it is highly recommended you do this even if the boat hasn,t been run much in this time period. I hope this helps