EdgeStar Icemaker Thermostat

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
I have an undercounter EdgeStar icemaker that I use on the boat. It is the model that maintains a constant water feed thru a 1/4" line. While in the cabin or under cover, the icemaker works great. If moved to the back deck, it won't cycle ice because the cabinet gets too warm and the ice box has to be less than 20? for it to make ice. I put a portable thermometer in there to check and the box gets to 24? in the sun. Cold enough to make & keep ice, but too warm for the thermostat controller to allow it to cycle.

I accessed the controller from the box and there is a brass adjustment screw on the top of it that was set to the center. Any idea which way I would turn this to allow it to cycle at a higher temp? There are 5 indents and it was set in the center. I could just move it, but then it would require reassembling the unit, placing it back into the sun, waiting for ice, then disassembling it again if I'm going the wrong way, etc.

I though of using an ohm meter, but I wasn't sure if I'm looking to increase or decrease resistance to raise the temp. Any help is greatly appreciated.