searching for pee hole

rageman

Cadet
I recently bought a 1997 tracker pro 18 with a mercury 40 hp 2 stroke 2 cylinder.I just got it runnig and I noticed it doesn,t have a pee stream or for that matter a pee hole that I could find. I put the ear muffs on it and got water out of the prop and some water( kinda like a spray) out of what looks like 3 square holes that are about a foot down from the engine cowl.Is this normal ? Should there be a pee stream ? Tried to do some searches but can,t find a solid answer.Wanna take her out for a run this weekend but just wanna be sure I won,t overheat the engine.

j_martin

Admiral
Re: searching for pee hole

The pee hole is on then end of your unit.

The tell tale port is on the lower cowl, rear starboard corner, pointing downward at about a 45 degree angle. Look up the parts list. Maybe parts are missing.

Mi duckdown

Commander

Funny Martin.
Take the cover off. you will see the hose, I hope.
Change the impellar, before you go out.

rageman

Cadet

There are no holes anywhere in the lower cowl...the only hole I see is in the lower end about 6 inches above the prop starboard side.The engine is a force series if that makes a difference.

j_martin

Admiral

Maybe, just maybe it makes enough difference so that Force is i different forum, ya think?

rageman

Cadet

Found it my bad I didnt scroll down far enough,new here. I,ll try there I think it exits out the exhaust. Just wanna be sure.

MacDaddy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look up some videos of similar motors running on Youtube. I just watched several. Some motors, water dribbled out of the exhaust. On others, there is a steady stream coming out of the right side of the lower unit, near the cavitation plate. Never seen any like that before.

rageman

Cadet

I watched some u-tube videos saw the same thing.That,s why I couldn,t figure it out. Mine does both. Just got the boat was expecting the water to come from under the cowl. Ive only had 2 motors before this one they both had a stream from under the cowl. I didnt know that even though the motor says mercury all over it , on the back under mercury it says force series that its different from just a mercury. I learn more every day.....Thanks MacDaddy

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Actually if you look at the cowling really carefully, you will see the the name "Force" is in larger print that the name "Mercury" and if you look even closer, you will notice that it says "Made by Mercury Marine" NOWHERE does it say that it IS a Mercury It IS infact the old Chrysler engine with updated electronics and a better lower unit, NOTHING more.

Why can't people read before posting.

rageman

Cadet

So it says mercury marine but its not a mercury ....ok. But its actually a chrysler.... So really it should say chrysler on the side then I would of said it was a chrysler not a mercury....Or maybe it should just say force...Maybe then I would of went in the right forum to begin with....or maybe not...WHATEVER !!!!!

24nolen24

Recruit

I recently bought a 1997 tracker pro 18 with a mercury 40 hp 2 stroke 2 cylinder.I just got it runnig and I noticed it doesn,t have a pee stream or for that matter a pee hole that I could find. I put the ear muffs on it and got water out of the prop and some water( kinda like a spray) out of what looks like 3 square holes that are about a foot down from the engine cowl.Is this normal ? Should there be a pee stream ? Tried to do some searches but can,t find a solid answer.Wanna take her out for a run this weekend but just wanna be sure I won,t overheat the engine.

I've got same motor it doesn't have a pee hole and never has

Handyman1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I always thought if you own something it is yours Mercury bought force so it should be a Mercury only because the motors were bad now Mercury says it is a Chrysler so i guess Mariner is Yamaha only because there was a model or two made by Yamaha or maybe Evinrude should own Yamaha because they sold the technology to them ????

79Merc80

Handyman1:

Force was originally a Chrysler. When U.S.Marine bought them they changed the name to Force. When Brunswick (NOT Mercury) bought Bayliner, the Force engine came alng with the deal. The Force/Chrysler engine was only 60's technology. Mercury MARINE upgraded it as much as they could before dumping the line (As they should have from the beginning (IMO)). They are NOT Mercury outboards, NEVER have and NEVER will be. Also, Mercury NEVER claimed they were Mercury's in the first place, so do some research before posting.

Handyman1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

sorry you are wright Mercury did not owned Force, Brunswick did they also own Mercury which makes them sister companies now Mercury made Force so it was made by Mercury standards. was it 50-60's West Bend,70's Chrysler or 90's Mercury upgraded technology for some reason we Mercury guys don't like to help those in need who has a Force and we should be ashamed because of that. This forum is about helping people getting back on the water.Simple as a missing pee hole or a major rebuild on a Force outboard we should help them and nicely tell them to re post in the wright category.I apologies if i offended some people i am sorry.Smaller Force motors have a hole just above the water line where some water should spew out.

79Merc80

Well, if you would have read the BIGGER lettering on your engine and posted it there in the first place, non of this would have happened and YOU wouldn't have been bent out of shape for NO reason. Post what you have, NOT what you wish or think you have.

tunaboys

Recruit

yes response to the 40hp i have a 50 hp force and the three holes at the back of the motor right under the cover is whats called a spitter the water spits instead of pees the 70hp and larger motors have a pee hole its just a spitter start the motor and look for it spitting out of the three holes if not clean the holes out or your impellor is bad

79Merc80

There is a Force/Chrysler forum to discuss these engines on, this is for Mercury and Mariner outboards!

Handyman1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

come on man you still don't get it if you don't like it don't read it he knows that he posted it in the wrong forum and if nobody moved it it is not your problem. if you are here to help we thank you if not then just report this ad to the mediator to move it. Yours truly the Handiman1