Fuse Panel Installation Advice

bassin'frog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1984 Malibu fiberglass tri-hull that I want to install a fuse panel in. I will be hooking the following items up to it:
1. 1984 Evinrude 15Hp motor
2. Minn Kota Riptide 55lb thrust trolling motor on/off switch (motor has its own battery though)
3. Minn Kota 34lb thrust trolling motor
4. Humminbird fishfinder
5. Livewell

Can I get a fuse panel from an auto parts store (Napa, AutoZone, Advance Auto)? or do I need a special type of panel?
Forgot to say, I will have a primary battery for the fuse panel, and have a 2nd battery for the riptide trolling motor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuse Panel Installation Advice

Trolling motors CANNOT be wired in any way to a fuse panel as they simply do not have the current handling capacity that a troller needs. Your outboard also DOES NOT connect to the fuse panel. The alternator output on the engine (if it has one) charges the battery via the large battery cables. If it doesn't have an alternator, there is nothing on the engine that needs to go to the fuse panel either. For wiring, look at the "Generic boat wiring diagram" in the stickies at the very top of this forum (not this page). Eliminate what you don't have and use with you do.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

In keeping with what Silvertip already outlined, I think I'd just add fused links to the fishfinder and livewell pump and forget the fuse panel.

bassin'frog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys, appreciate the help and advice...
Bob