9.9 Eska update

bjbmedic

Seaman
Unfortuantely it appears that what I had believed was success in getting my Eska up to a good running condition was incorrect. After pulling the flywheel off I thought something looked a bit different and have come to find out that one of the ignition modules is missing from my motor which is causing it to run poorly at high speed. That said, I am trying to find a replacement module for it now. If anyone here knows of one or actually happens to have one they are willing to part with I would love to have it. It doesnt matter if it works or not as I could build the necessary piece to make it work as shown on the Eska site. I have also posted over there in my search. Thanks
Brennan

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 9.9 Eska update

I'm lookin', too, bjbmedic. I only need one, dead or alive, so if I run into a stator, I'll let ya know, and vice-versa.

hondarider188

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What is the eska web sight and how do you fix the modules i have the same engine i believe anyway, but i have no spark on either cylinders and hte top cylinder coil was replaced at some time but i think it may be the modules. and if you have a way to fix them i would love to hear it.

bjbmedic

Seaman

I'm actually going to be sending mine away to a guy who is going to use it to come up with a solution to this problem. I will keep people updated and hopefully a solution can be found. If not I suppose I will be throwing down $250 to replace the CDI. Hopefully it won't come to that. The eska site can be found on yahoo.com under groups. I don't have the specific address at the moment
B

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Pickin up a 9.9 for $50 might part the modules out. Let yous know when I get it

bjbmedic

Seaman

That would be most appreciated. I can't find any twins near me to do that with

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yea all I need is the flywheel cause I destroyed mine along with the insides long story...

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi bjmedic, do you have part numbers? i can't remember but i think last fall i located some aftermarket parts through one of my friends suppliers, may have been the transformer coils not the flywheel and stator, if you have the numbers i'll do some research for you.

bjbmedic

Seaman

The only part number I have is from the Sears site. The transformers are 610785A and the stator stator is 610873. What I need is an ignition module on the stator. Its somewhat interesting whats been discovered with my motor. Aparently someone in its past took of a bad ignition module and then conected all the wiring to the good module. They then added a second magnet trigger opposite the existing one under the fly wheel so it is actually producing twice as many sparks in its attempt to fire the cylinders at the correct times. This seems to work fairly well in idle but when its near the high end of the throttle I think it fires a cylinder too early which kills the motor with a backfire type action. Anyways, thanks for looking for me. If I cant find a module by spring I will throw the $250 down for a new stator from CDI. At least it should work then but I will probably have to do something about the added trigger magnet