Quicksilver Control Box With Force Motor?

prbsolver

Recruit
First off great site / forum - it?s great to see this wealth of information!

Noob here - so bear with me. :)

I had a Mariner 90 (1993) blow a rod and put a hole in the side of the powerhead and found a wonderful fix - a different motor. 125 Force, 1989 Model 1254x9B. I've got it mounted and running etc, but my throttle cables don't match up. The throttle control box (US something, maybe US Marine?) that came with the Force motor is a side mount application and the cables are too short (14ft), my existing throttle control looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Mercury-Mariner-Outboard-Remote-Control/dp/B001HBMY8M

It sinks into the dash, and i don't really have any option to mount it to the side of the pontoon.

I'd like to use my existing quicksilver throttle control, but the application seems different between the two motors, for example, when i push the throttle forward on the quicksilver, it pushes the throttle cable at the motor. This does not work as the Force motor is looking for the cable to be pulling, not pushing. Are these quicksilver throttle controls universal? Is there something I can adjust within the control to change it so it fits my application (i.e. push/pull) or should i just be looking for a new throttle control? I also noticed the cables connections at the motor are different, based on www.shiftcables.com, the Mariner uses Gen 2 Mercury cables but the Force motor uses "old school" SAE cables. (threads on both ends.) any adapters out there or should i be ordering new cables?

Thanks for the help!!