mercury 1500 bubles at joining

alexthecoolmac

Recruit
hi i have gotten mercury 1500 150hp direct 6 charge engine and it has a jet on it now here is my story

a few days ago me and my son whent out boating and i was not really paying atention and when hit a log and the engine rpm whent very high i stoped the engine and tryed to go again but some bark was stoping the water from getting to the jet we got the bark out but then after awhile of boating the water from the water pump pipe out the back started to steam and the joint between the engine and jet starting bubleing so we shut off the engine and used the kicker to load it into our trailor. once we got it home i looked at it and seen the the lockwasher holding the back of the jet has brocke and that created a small space between the engine and joint i thought i fixed the problem when i put a new lock washer on and retighten the bolt but when i tested it in the river it did the exact same thing it contuined to bubble and the water from the tube was also hot so please any info on my engine or a soulution to my problem or even an onwers mauanl would be very thanked.

btw the serial number is 3912705

canoemang

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mercury 1500 bubles at joining

Maybe when you hit the log you jolted the jet foot hard enough to either loosen the water tube or the exhaust gasket. I would drop your foot and inspect the water pump and all of the connections to make sure it is sitting correctly. The center of the jet foot's silver tube is for exhaust, it makes sense some heat would be coming out of it.